In our mobile-centric world, it’s more important than ever to have a website that looks great and works well on mobile devices. If you’re using WordPress to power your site, there’s good news: you can easily turn your WordPress site into a mobile app. There are a few different ways to go about this, but we’ll focus on one of the easiest and most popular methods: using a plugin.
What you’ll learn in this tutorial
Why turn your WordPress site into a mobile app?
If you’ve ever wished you could access your WordPress site on your phone without having to open a browser, there’s good news. You can turn your WordPress site into a mobile app with just a few clicks.
There are several reasons why you might want to do this. Maybe you want to make it easier for your users to access your content on the go. Or maybe you want to take advantage of the push notifications feature to send updates directly to your users’ phones.
Whatever your reason, turning your WordPress site into a mobile app is easy to do and doesn’t require any coding knowledge. There are various plugins and services available that can help you do it.
So why turn your WordPress site into a mobile app? Here are four reasons:
- Increased Engagement: Mobile apps are known for their high engagement rates.
- Better SEO: Mobile apps are indexed by Google and other search engines, which can improve your site’s ranking.
- More Traffic: One of the biggest benefits of having a mobile app is that you can generate more traffic to your website.
- Branding: Mobile apps are popular and can help you become more recognizable.
How to turn your WordPress site into a mobile app
To turn your WordPress site into a mobile app we are going to use a system called PWA which comes from the words “Progressive Web App“. PWA is an app that can work as a browser or an app on all phones that support it. To create a PWA for your site you can simply download and install a plugin called Super PWA. It’s easy to use and instantly turns your site into a downloadable app your website visitors can download when visiting your site.
If you wish to add the site to the Android shop you can get the Super PWA Pro version which will generate an Android APK APP which can be then even downloaded to the Google Play shop.
How to turn your WordPress site into a mobile app for FREE
Here’s how to turn your WordPress site into a PWA:
- Download, install, and activate Super PWA
- Go to Super PWA settings
- Set up your app name, application icon, and splash screen icon
- Save settings
… and you’re done! That’s how simple it is to turn your WordPress site into a working app.
We also recommend going to “Features (Addons)” and activating UTM Tracking so you can track how many users come to your site through the app in your Google Analytics.
Tips for making your WordPress mobile app successful
Here are our top five tips on how to make sure your app is successful:
- Keep your app’s design and user interface simple. Too many features and complicated navigation can overwhelm users and lead to frustration.
- Promote your app aggressively. Use social media, email marketing, and other channels to get the word out about your app.
- Pay attention to user feedback and act on it. Regularly review app store ratings and comments to see what people are saying about your app.
- Keep your app updated with the latest WordPress releases. This will ensure that it remains compatible with the latest version of WordPress and takes advantage of new features and functionality as they become available.
- Offer something unique that sets your app apart from other WordPress apps.
Conclusion: Why turning your WordPress site into a mobile app is worth it
As more and more people use their mobile devices as their primary way to access the internet, it’s becoming increasingly important for businesses to have a presence on mobile devices. One way to do this is to turn your WordPress site into a PWA. Thanks to easy-to-use plugins like Super PWA it’s quick and most importantly easy even for WordPress site owners who are not tech savvy.
There are several benefits to doing this. First, it allows you to reach a wider audience since there are more people using mobile devices than desktop computers. Second, it can help you stand out from your competition since not all businesses have a mobile app. And third, it can help you build stronger relationships with your customers and followers since they’ll be able to easily access your content on their phones or tablet.
Overall, turning your WordPress site into a mobile app is definitely worth considering if you want to reach more people and build stronger relationships with them.